On behalf of all the children, staff and governors I would like to welcome you to Thornham St.James C.E. (controlled) Primary School website. We hope you will find it both useful and informative.
Thornham St.James is an inclusive Christian school, with strong links to St.James' Church.
We are a happy, welcoming and successful school and are proud of our achievements. We have high expectations and standards in everything we do and we hope that, together with your support, we can enable your child to achieve success in its many forms.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website and that you find the information you are looking for.
Thank you for visiting.
Thornham St. James' C. of E. Primary School is situated on the boundary between Oldham and Rochdale.
We cater for up to 210 pupils from Foundation Stage to Y6.
We enjoy panoramic views over the pennines which lends a semi rural feel to the setting of our school.
Mission Statement of the School
- To prepare pupils for life we will provide an inclusive learning environment in which each individual is valued. Pupils will be given the opportunity to identify and develop their skills and talents as people and citizens.
- Our school is a Christian Community where respect, love and tolerance are the foundations of our activities.Worshipping together fosters and affirms these values and attitudes.
- Our priority is to provide a caring and supportive atmosphere, within an environment which will foster self respect, self discipline, self esteem, confidence and motivation.
- We have high expectations, permeating every aspect of school life.
- We hope to achieve this with the co-operation of children, parents, teachers, support staff and governors.